Like everyone else, it was a dilemma when we shop for home products - we often had to choose between premium brands that were exorbitantly priced or mass-market brands that were ubiquitous in quality and design.
As consumers ourselves, we were frustrated with the lack of a middle ground. We were floored by the excessive markups, and we wanted an alternative where we can have quality at an affordable price. We searched for a brand that offered home essentials worth waking up to, but we couldn’t find one that that meets our expectations, so we created IUIGA: thoughtfully-designed and premium quality everyday goods at completely transparent prices.
The essence of a well-made product stems from the materials used to construct it. Hence, we source the finest materials from all over the world, and allow our artisans to construct the timeless product that you have in your hand in today.
Under the ODM business model, the exterior, aesthetics, materials, dimensions and patented technologies are developed by the ODM and these product and design rights belong to them.
There is no direct ownership of the product by any single brand entity, allowing the ODM to produce for more than one brand.
- To others, we had committed a faux pas.
- “You will fail, this idea wouldn’t make it.”
- When we started IUIGA, everyone crossing our path had something to say.
- There were many times when things are confusing, uncertain and perilous and our efforts seemed in vain.
- The struggle from the get go was lonely and sometimes desperate.
- But it was also through these struggles that we realised, the journey of creating something worthwhile is messy – it can’t be any other way.
- The journey itself must be scary, dangerous, and unreasonable – otherwise there would be no need for courage.
- Having the guts to travel the unknown path, to create something worthwhile, takes courage, boldness and (sometimes) madness.
- Like everything worth doing, it won’t be easy.
- But like every difficult thing worth doing, the spoils go to the adventurer and the adventurer alone.
- Have you started on your journey?
The curve represents the road less travelled - the journey that IUIGA has committed ourselves to. Following the straight, well-worn route won’t lead us to new destinations, new experiences or new opportunities. Even if it scares us, we need to step out of our comfort zones and take a trip of discovery.
According to the rule of Mathematics, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line; The straight line here represents the smooth, and less treacherous route that every conventional retailer is on. Despite its plain-sailing nature, it is also the journey that IUIGA chose not to embark on.
We realized that the straight path and the unconventional curved line both come together to form the letters IU, the same letters that represent IUIGA. And we knew that everything has fallen into place perfectly.
Quality isn't a luxury
It is a mindset that stays true to what matters.
It is fine living through refined simplicity.
IUIGA is the quality of being true, so you can live TRULY.